A Winemaker’s Journey with a Local Wine Representative A Virtual Wine Tasting Presented by Michael Bouchard When: This Friday, January 15, 6 pm Cost: $20 (+ tax) for Bouchard Cabernet Blend How: rsvp via this email and we’ll send you class on Thursday. What: Stop in to purchase the wine today!
I’m Michael Bouchard and I’m a wine geek. After six years in the wine business, I decided that I wanted to learn how to make wine. I started humbly, making wine in my Minnesota basement and worked my way up to pressing fresh grapes in California. My goal was to make the types of wines I like to drink.
Why Lot #120? Well, this is my first bottling of 2020. It’s a blend of 45% 2018 Cab Franc, 45% 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, and 10% 2016 Tannat. (Tannat needs a little extra time.)
The Cabernet Franc keeps the wine bright and aromatic, the Cabernet Sauvignon adds richness and body, and the Tannat adds structure and complexity. You can expect delicate aromas of dark fruit with flavors of red cherry, plum and black raspberry. It has good tannin structure and a clean finish.
Weingut F. Becker, one of Germany’s Top Pinot Noir Producers A Virtual Wine Tasting Presented by Marcus Hanson When: Next Friday, January 22, 6 pm Cost: $41 (+ tax) for two wines listed below How: rsvp via this email and we’ll send you class link next week. What: Stop in to purchase the wine starting this Thursday!
Located in Schweigen, in the far south of southern Germany’s Pfalz winemaking region, Becker Family Winery is known for its outstanding Pinot Noir. Seventy percent of its estate crosses the border into Alsace, France, a country famous for its fine Pinot Noir, and this German producer can also boast prowess for Pinot Noir artisanship.
We know that the reputation of our wines today is the result of an unrelenting vision and the hard work of our parents, grandparents and even previous generations. We also believe that making wine will never be a perfected process – it’s rather a continuous development, open to new influences and experiences.
Becker Family Winery Pinot Blanc, 2018 From 100% biodynamically farmed grapes planted on chalky, limestone soils in vineyards that straddle the Franco/German border. This bright and lively Pinot Blanc weighs in at approximately 13% alcohol, with notes of white flowers, pear, tangerine and wet stones on the nose. It finishes with clean, mineral notes and great complexity.
Becker Family Winery Pinot Noir, 2015 Fritz Becker's vineyards straddle the French border with about 70% in Alsace and the other 30% on the German side. The soils consist of limestone with a clay/loam mix. The grapes are all de-stemmed and fermented in open tanks. The final blend is aged in large oak casks and 10% smaller barriques, none new. This is an incredibly drinkable, lovely Pinot with sweet fruit and exceptional minerality. Year after year, Becker's basic Pinot is a a light to medium bodied wine with rich, delicious flavor.
Wine Republic’s Coronavirus Policies and Delivery Service We are open and want you to know safety is of the utmost importance to us for you and your families! Outlined below are a few policies and hour changes and will update accordingly and put on our website and facebook.
We’re here for you to pick up wine club and to make purchases. We now emphasize our delivery service in order to ease the social distancing we are experiencing. We’ll deliver a wine order, see below, and any wine currently on the shelves. We will also honor any special order wine and spirits. Members receive case discounts: 20% off solid case (12 of the same) or 15% off mix & match anything in the store.
Below are steps we implemented to keep you safe during these unknown times. RJ and I thank you all for your support and may you and your family be healthy and well! We appreciate your understanding and will continue to update as things change.
* We wipe all door handles (main entrance, our entrance and bathroom) plus counter and tasting bar regularly with disinfecting wipes.
* Air filters in air conditioner were replaced and will be as needed.
* We will deliver any order of 6+ bottles up to a 10-mile radius. 6-11 bottles, $10 delivery charge. A case of 12+, free delivery.
* We will start closing an hour earlier everyday until March 31 or further notice. Hours are: Monday – Friday, 10 am-3 pm and 5-7 pm. Saturdays, 10 am – 6 pm. Closed on Sundays
* Tastings and classes (and member-only party) are postponed until further notice.